Friday, September 13, 2013
NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup Predictions
1. #20 Matt Kenseth: Kenesth has been one of the hottest drivers in the 2013 season, he could of had a few more wins under his belt this season if it wasn't for some bad luck. With 4 of the 10 Chase races at cookie cutter 1 1/2 mile track, Kenseth will thrive.
2. #48 Jimmie Johnson: He couldn't match that win total of Kenseth, but he is a threat to win at every track. Johnson has been inconsistent as of late but now that the Chase has started, look for him to be back to his old Jimmie ways.
3. #5 Kasey Kahne: If Kahne really wants to be in the mix for the championship he will have to be more consistent. The 1 1/2 mile tracks favors this #5 team and will have a chance to win a few to propel them towards the top of the standings.
4. #18 Kyle Busch: He might have a chance to make some noise for the championship, but his track record of mentally breaking down is too great for me to give him a real shot.
5. #29 Kevin Harvick: You have to wonder if Harvick already has his mind set for the 2014 season when he makes the switch over to Stewart Haas Racing. His consistency that he has shown the entire 2013 season will still allow him to end his RCR era with another top 5 points finishing position.
6. #15 Clint Bowyer: Will try to rebound from all the distractions that he brought on himself at Richmond. I think he will do it out of the gate, but fizzle a bit towards the end of the season.
7. #99 Carl Edwards: He started off making a lot of noise in the beginning of the season, other than that he has just been quietly in the top 15 every week, other than his cheater win at Richmond.
8. #22 Joey Logano: Joey has proved that he can win races, now he will need to prove he can win championships. I say give him a couple of years.
9. #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.: No matter how well he has run during the first 26 races of the season, the last 10 always seems to fail to emulate the success.
10. #78 Kurt Busch: The underdog single car team made the Chase, too bad they are a little to weak to take advantage of the best chance they will have, with Busch behind the wheel, to win.
11. #24 Jeff Gordon: Well Jeff Gordon got in because of NASCAR's clown make up the rules as they go. Well all this will do is make Gordon fans all warm and fuzzy inside.
12. #16 Greg Biffle: Besides his win at Michigan, Biffle has been pretty quiet all year long. I also expect a quite Chase performance from him.
13. #39 Ryan Newman: I don't see this team doing anything with Newman ready to move to RCR and you have to wonder if the comments Newman made after Richmond about his team, will have any affect on how they perform the last 10 races.