Back in 2008 NFL Films came out with a 10 DVD set of the Green Bay Packers 10 greatest games as voted on by Packer fans. I always thought that it was pretty much just Brett Farve's greatest games compilation rather than one of the entire team. I know they were limited on games they could select due to the fact they didn't have complete game broadcasts for some games. (ie: the Ice Bowl) I still think that there are some more significant games that they could of put in that 10 game DVD set. Since that time I always wanted to make a list of my own....well here it is.
10. 2013 Packers vs. Cowboys (37-36): The Packers were in desperate need of a win to keep in the hunt for the NFC North. At first it didn't look like that was going to happen when they trailed at halftime 26-3. However in the 2nd half QB Matt Flynn lead the Packers to 5 TD drives and came back to win the game 37-36 in one of the greatest comebacks in Packers history.
8. 1983 Packers vs. Redskins (48-47): In this game the Packers faced off in a Monday Night matchup vs. the defending Super Bowl Champions, the Washington Redskins. The game featured a high scoring offensive battle, with 1,025 total yards between both teams. The Packers held off a late charge from the Redskins and went on to win what was the highest scoring Monday Night Football game until 2010.
7. 1995 NFC Div Packers vs. 49ers (27-17): Back in the early 90's the 49ers and Cowboys were the kings of the NFL. In this playoff matchup, it was a changing of the guards. The Packers jumped to a 21-0 lead and never let go, winning the game 27-17. They did go on to lost the NFC Championship game the next week but they showed in this game that they were a Super Bowl caliber team, making their deepest postseason run since 1967.
6. 1993 NFC WC Packers vs. Lions (28-24): The Pack was back in the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and won this one in style. The Packers trailed 17-7 in the third quarter and came back to win the game on a 40 yard TD strike from Favre to Sharpe with just 55 seconds to go in the game.
5. 1992 Packers vs. Bengals (24-23): The game the brought us Brett Favre. He came into the game for an injured Don Majkowski and never looked back. Favre struggled much of this game but despite being down 17-3 going in to the 3rd quarter, Favre connected with Kitrick Taylor for at 35 yd TD with second remaining to give the Packers 24-23. After this game things started to look up for Packers fans.
(To Be Continued)